Friday, January 5, 2018

Mommy Snuggles

My toddler is super into books. When we go to the Meijer, I have to avoid the book aisle unless I am either buying Hannah a new book, or prepared to have a full on toddler meltdown. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that she is enjoying books this early in life, but it gets expensive to buy board books once a week.


Our current favorite book it Mommy Snuggles by Anne Gutman and Georg Hallensleben, which we found on Amazon.  Each page shows a different animal with her baby. The dialogue explains how the animal transports her baby, and as a bonus teaches children that baby animals have different names.

I am adding an extra lesson to reading the book and teaching Hannah some body parts that she has in common with these animals. She has learned where her mouth is, like the tiger carrying her cub, and where her belly is, like the otter carrying her pup. We are also working on back and arms.

Mommy Snuggle Time

Arms are where the human mommy at the end of the book carries her baby. This is my favorite part, because when we get here, Hannah launches herself into my arms and gives me the best toddler hugs, while I snuggle her close and rock her back and forth. I highly recommend this book to any parent looking for a book that allows bonding time and learning to go hand in hand.

Tell me what your favorite book is to share with your toddler in the comments.
Thanks for stopping by,
Kristie

No comments: