Sunday, January 7, 2018

21 Day Fix Blueberry Muffins

I stink at dieting. I don't want to weigh my food or eat super healthy for 6 days and then splurge on my cheat day. I just want to try and eat a balanced diet, take my prenatal vitamins and workout on the treadmill when the monster toddler isn't making me chase her.

So please don't think I am jumping onto the diet band wagon by trying this recipe. I pinned it from Potentially Lovely and read that people were having mixed results. I am guessing the dryness is coming from unripened bananas, so I want to try something a little different. Don't be weirded out, but when I need mashed bananas quickly, I use banana baby food. It's essentially just a mashed banana and adds just the right amount of moist sweetness when I bake.


This is my first experience with almond flour. I noticed a slight change in the texture, but nothing to complain about. For me the added protein is worth it. While the muffins browned more than I had expected, they were still very moist and make a great breakfast for on the go.


21 Day Fix Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups almond flour
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 TBSP coconut oil, melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup banana puree (organic baby food, stage 1)
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Line 9 muffin slots with paper liners. 
  2. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda. 
  3. In a small bowl, mix the eggs and coconut oil. 
  4. Fold the egg mixture into the dry ingredients in the large bowl until well combined. 
  5. Stir in the bananas and blueberries. 
  6. Divide the batter into the 9 pre-lined muffin cups. 
  7. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. 
Nutrition Facts
Servings: 9
Amount per serving
Calories156
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11.9g15%
Saturated Fat 2.3g11%
Cholesterol 36mg12%
Sodium 149mg6%
Total Carbohydrate 9.9g4%
Dietary Fiber 2.2g8%
Total Sugars 6.2g
Protein 5.3g
Vitamin D 3mcg17%
Calcium 45mg3%
Iron 1mg6%
Potassium 19mg0%
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet.2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.

While my muffins look smaller than the ones from the original blog, I am calling this a Pinterest win. I will share my failures with you also, when they happen. Let me know your favorite pins and recipes that you would like to see reviewed here. 
Thanks for stopping by. 
Kristie 

No comments: